Spray Foam & Insulation Apprentice Wanted for our Construction Service Work Company!
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure the safe and quality installation and removal of insulation. Work will be both inside and outside of residential and commercial job sites and buildings. When insulation work is not available, employee will do other tasks at the owner’s request. Your goal is to help take care of other tasks to grow the organization and free up time of your superiors.
Compensation: $25,000 to $40,000 per year. Pay is based on 3 components: 1. a base hourly wage, 2. plus production rate pay, 3. plus profit sharing.
Common Technical Work:
- To perform service calls as directed by the team leader
- Load and unload insulation materials
- Complete prep work for installation
- Complete insulation shaving and removal
- Cut sections of Batt insulation to the proper fit
- Install plastic, mesh fabric (or netting)
- Load blower machine with insulation; regulate flow of materials. Blow to appropriate depth/density
- Install vapor and air barriers as needed
- Ability to work in tight confined spaces like attics, and crawl spaces for a full shift
- Ability to work in extreme heat and extreme cold for a full shift
- Able to work on ladders (up to 28ft) for a full shift
- Able to work with hand tools for a full shift (foam gun, knives, saws, staplers, etc)
- Able to count and handle money occasionally
- Able to preform job functions while wearing full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Able to erect ladders, scaffolding, netting, and poly sheeting in the work area
- Able to properly clean and maintain equipment daily, weekly, monthly
- Able to work with drills, pumps and all equipment necessary for installing and removing products
- Keep building clean during and after installation (inside and out)
- Educate customers on service and installation features
- Pride self on high quality work and do the job right the first time
- Provide all customers with excellent customer service
- Follow all Policies, Procedures, & Safety Rules of Stellrr while on duty
- Clean, organize, wash, paint or otherwise maintain, equipment, truck, trailer, shop, office, etc.
- Perform any and all other functions or tasks assigned by the Supervisor and Owner
- Must have reliable transportation to/from our shop in SW Austin
- Must have Valid State Drivers License
- Must have non-negligent driving record
- Able to read, write, and type
- Able to count and collect money
- Must be able to speak English (Spanish would be great)
- Physical exam (225 lbs. weight limit in working clothes & Safety Gear)
- Able to lift and move 100+ lbs.
- Installers must possess good organization and verbal communication skills
- No “insulation” experience required, however preferred
- Commitment to Customer Service
- Working knowledge of Siding, home building, drills, pumps, and hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot product and installation problems
- Ability to safely drive truck with 2oft trailer from our SW Austin shop to job sites
Use: Drills, Map, Cell Phone, Truck, Pumps, Equipment, Siding, Rig, Foam Gun, Hand Tools, etc.
Travel Requirements: Daily Local Travel
Physically Able To: Occasionally, Frequently, or Constantly: Bend, Push, Hear, Reach, Climb, See, Speak, Spray, Saw, Scrape, Sweep, Stand, Crawl, Walk.