If you have a damp, dirty, or moldy crawlspace, building scientist now recommend creating a clean, dry space where fungal growth is eliminated.
This process is called Crawlspace Encapsulation and can be preformed on crawlspaces that have skirting around them, but not on crawlspaces where there is no skirting.
Crawlspace encapsulation was pioneered by Larry Janesky, founder of Basement Systems, in the 1980s. Larry has created several patented products to deliver world class results.
Stellrr Insulation teamed up with the Basement Systems division, Crawlspace Systems to install Larry’s industry leading solutions in the Austin TX metro area. Together, we can transform any problem crawlspace into a clean, dry foundation that is no longer a liability to your home.
Top Signs You Have Crawl Space Problems
Does your house have:
- Cold floors in winter
- Musty odors
- Buckled hardwood floors
- High humidity
- Condensation around floor registers
- High heating and cooling costs
Under your house is there:
- Moisture damage or mold
- Condensation on air conditioning equipment
- Water on the dirt or concrete floor
- Hanging or fallen insulation
- Insect/pest infestations
- Rotted wooden framing
Stellrr can fix your crawl space problems with the CleanSpace® System
What products will fix my crawl space?
Stellrr transforms nasty crawl spaces into clean, dry, humidity controlled environments. Our patented CleanSpace® products outperform the materials and methods used by other contractors.
Here are some of the crawlspace products Stellrr installs:
- CleanSpace Vapor Barrier – it seals out moisture to keep the crawlspace, piers, joists, floor decking, and your homes foundation dry.
- SaniDry Crawl Space Dehumidifier – helps keep your crawlspace, and your home dry and prevent mold growth.
- SaniPipe and Drainage Matting for water management and diversion.
- SilverGlo and Icynene Closed Cell spray foam insulation to help air seal and improve energy efficiency.
- Vent Covers to keep damp air and pests out of your crawlspace.
- EverLast Access Door seals the air out while allowing entry as required.
- SmartJack Joist Stabilizer to raise sagging floors back to the proper level.
Does your crawl space need repair?
If any of the signs below apply to your home or crawlspace, you should at least get a professional evaluation.
Vented dirt floor crawl space
While this style of crawlspace is still allowed by current Austin area building codes, it does cause moisture, mold, and foundation weakening over time.
Allergy and asthma symptoms
If you have a crawlspace, and allergies, the airborne mold spores and dust mites from your damp crawl space are likely a contributing factor.
Fiberglass insulation under the crawl space
Any type of fiberglass, denim, or cellulose insulation is a inappropriate material for a crawlspace. These materials are not a vapor barrier, (nor is open cell spray foam) and can result in all types of moisture and energy loss problems.