Price is what you pay for Austin insulation. Value is what you get. The difference is important.
There are a variety of insulation installation methods, providers, manufacturers, and prices to choose from. As your home is perhaps the biggest investment you will make, it pays to invest in quality insulation. This is especially true when considering the heat in the Austin TX area.
But that does not mean you should pay a lot for it. You should get a great value for your money and only pay for what you need or want. You should not pay for unnecessary add-ons. In other words, don’t fall for the lowest price quote over the phone.
Do not expect the insulation company to provide an exact price quote on the phone. The honest and reputable Austin insulation companies rarely have an out of the box price because there are several variables on what could be wrong that must be seen in person. Insulation installation is usually priced by the material, volume of material installed, plus labor and difficulty of the job. If you’d like to know the exact cost, you need to know the exact material, volume needed and how much time is required to do the work.
Other variables that affect Austin insulation prices include:
- The pitch of the roof. Will scaffolding have to be built and/or moved. Some structures are harder to insulate than others.
- Are the applicators having to remove insulation from an old home or scrub excess off the studs in a new home? Homes that haven’t been insulated properly will have more items needing correction.
- The amount of stuff stored in the attic making it inaccessible for the tech. In many cases, if you move your things stored in the attic out of the way, you save money.
- Are you converting an vented attic into a closed, sealed space? You will need to have a HVAC unit with 90% or higher efficiency installed.
- Do you have recessed lighting in the ceiling? These require extra steps to insulate and seal. What other areas need to be sealed; walls, vents, fans, chases, fireplace, doors?
To protect yourself it is smart to review this guide so you can understand the difference between a company offering a great value for a reasonable price versus a cheap price with terrible value.
HERE IS WHAT TO DO NEXT!
Take the next step, give us a call at 512-520-0044 to learn more about our services or download the complimentary e-books today.